Keyrenter Property Management Solutions
To apply for a property, go to the Search Rentals page, navigate to the property of interest and click on Apply Now.
Thank you for your interest in one of Keyrenter Property Management Solution’s Properties. Please review the following information prior to applying.
Keyrenter is an equal opportunity housing provider and adheres to Fair Housing Laws. Keyrenter does not discriminate against any person based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status, disability, veteran status, marital status, source of income, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class under applicable federal, state, and/or local law.
Common reasons to be declined; we encourage you to not apply if any of these pertain to you.
*Credit score below 500
*Debt to income ratio is 50% or greater
*Active Bankruptcy or one that has not been discharged for at least 6 months
*Criminal history as described below
*Any current or previous evictions
*Insufficient Income or inability to verify income
*Negative Rental History
*Roommates according to our criteria listed below
All adults 18 years of age or older who will reside at the Property must complete, sign, and pay for a separate application. Applications will not be considered complete nor reviewed until every Applicant 18 years of age or older who will be living at the Property has completed, signed, and paid for a separate application.
All Applicants must provide a valid government-issued photo identification. All Applicants must also provide a valid Social Security Number, Alien Number, or I-94 for verification purposes. Non-U.S. Citizens must be able to provide documentation from U.S. Immigration to verify legal residency in the United States as of the effective date of the lease agreement.
All applicants must provide their last 2 months of pay stubs or proof of income. The combined NET (after taxes) income of all persons living in the rental must be three (3) times the monthly rental rate (income requirement and/or deposits may be raised depending on credit history). Applicants that do not meet the above employment or income requirements may be given the option to pay 12 months or the full term of the lease in advance including all rent, fees, and deposits.
Any of the following may be requested to verify Applicant’s income:
- • Copies of the last two consecutive payroll check stubs
- • Copies of the last three consecutive bank/financial statements
- • Previous W-2 or 1099. Self-employed Applicants must provide previous year.
- • Proof of child and/or spousal support payments
- • Proof of social security income, disability income, or other government income
- • Proof of retirement income
- • Proof of trust fund income
- • Current offer letter for new employment
- • Financial aid and/or scholarship documentation
- • Housing vouchers. Income requirement will apply to the household’s share of the monthly rent.
- • Any other legal, verifiable source of income paid directly to the Applicant or representative of the applicant
An initial deposit will be required upon approval of tenant. The amount is listed within each listing for each available unit.
The previous 2 years of rental or residency history, and a previous 2 landlords information is required. The credit report and other sources of rental history will be checked to verify resident and rental history information. Applicants must provide the address and dates of tenancy for the previous two years, along with the respective Landlord’s phone number and/or email address. An application will most likely be denied if there are any previous evictions on record, defaults in lease agreements, multiple non-sufficient funds, multiple late rental payments, or outstanding balances owed to another Landlord. Keyrenter reserves the right to deny an application if, after making a good faith effort, Keyrenter is unable to verify the Applicant’s rental history. Satisfied or dismissed evictions may be considered with proper documentation. If the Applicant owned, rather than rented, their previous home, the Applicant may be required to furnish mortgage company references and proof of title ownership or transfer. To help speed up the process of verifying rental history, please send this link (https://goo.gl/pnCnFp) to all your landlords for the past 3 years and have them fill it out completely and submit it. This will hold up the screening process if we do not get it back within 24 hours.
Any bankruptcy must have been discharged at least 6 months prior to the date of application otherwise your application may not be approved. Excessive delinquent accounts such as collections, judgments, and liens may decrease your chances of being approved or you may be required to pay an additional deposit and/or monthly fee to overcome delinquent accounts reported on your credit. More than 50% of tradelines showing as delinquent or in collections/judgment (medical excluded) may result in denial. Debt to Income ratio exceeding 50% may result in a denial. If allowed by applicable law, Keyrenter may make an exception to the above Credit Requirements upon Applicant providing a higher security deposit, a Co-Signer to the Lease that meets all credit requirements, a higher monthly rental rate, or a combination thereof. If the application is denied due to credit requirements, Keyrenter will provide the Applicant upon request, the name, address, and telephone number of the consumer reporting agencies which provided the Applicant’s consumer information.
Applicants will be asked to disclose any prior convictions or pending criminal actions. A criminal background check will be conducted. Failure to disclose is grounds for denial. Pending criminal actions will not, in themselves, be grounds for denial but may be factors used along with other criteria. Convictions of any sort will be evaluated on an individualized basis. Management will consider the nature of the crime and the severity of the crime, along with how much time has passed since the criminal activity and the release from any imprisonment, parole, or probation. Persons who are listed on any sex offender list will not be considered. Persons who have a criminal conviction relating to drugs who have not provided evidence of completed drug rehabilitation may not be accepted nor will persons whose drug conviction relates to conviction for other than possession. Applicants should be aware that serious convictions relating to crimes involving violence, gang activity, arson, and injury to persons will likely be denied. Also persons who have been recently released from prison, parole, or probation may be required to provide additional information and references.
Keyrenter does not allow smoking in or on the property, or within 25 feet of any entrance of the property or a neighboring property. Keyrenter reserves the right to not process applications and rent to applicants who smoke. Any exceptions to this are on a case by case basis and may require a higher deposit.
The option for a Co-Signer may be offered only to Applicants that do not satisfy the Income Requirements, Credit Requirements, and/or Rental/Residency History (only lack of history, not negative history). Co-Signers must complete, sign, and pay for a separate application for the Property. Co-Signers are subject to the same Rental Criteria, background checks, and verification as described above. Co-Signers must provide proof of income which would satisfy the income requirement on their own. If the application is approved, the Co-Signer must sign the rental agreement as if they are moving into the rental. Co-Signers will be held responsible for the Lease and any other costs incurred on the Lease, such as damages should the occupying Tenant(s) default. Keyrenter reserves the right to not offer the option for a Co-Signer.
Check each available Property for specific pet policies. Pets may be denied if they do not receive a positive reference from the previous Landlord regarding the pet’s behavior, if the pet is not spayed or neutered, and/or if a complete veterinary medical history (including immunizations and sterilization) of the pet is not provided. An additional pet deposit, monthly pet fee, one-time pet fee, or combination thereof will be required. Where applicable, restricted breeds will result in denial. All pets and animals must be registered through PetScreening.com. If a pet is a registered service animal, proper documentation must be provided at the time the application is received. If a pet is considered an emotional support animal, a doctor’s note from a licensed medical professional that is considered capable to deem such animal as an emotional support animal will be required at the time the application is received. Such doctor’s note deeming an animal an emotional support animal must state that the Applicant has a medical condition that can be alleviated with such emotional support animal.
Unless otherwise specified, restricted pets & breeds include: Ferrets, Large Snakes (over 2 lbs), Exotic Animals, Birds (case by case), and may include German Shepherd, Doberman, Chow, Rottweiler, Akita, American Staffordshire Terrier, Pit Bull, Presa Canario, Great Dane, Wolf Hybrid. These restrictions are often insurance requirements. Contact Keyrenter for more information. Where pets are allowed, pet deposit: $250 per pet; Monthly per pet fee (if applicable): $35-$50.
An initial deposit (Holding Fee) will be required within 24 hours upon approval of the application to secure the rental and have it removed from being advertised. The minimum deposit amount is listed within each listing for each available Property. This fee (typically half a month’s rent) transfers to your lease but is non-refundable should you decide not to proceed.
Keyrenter reserves the right to increase the required deposit in instances when an application does not meet Income Requirements or Credit Requirements, when there is a negative or lack of Rental/Residency History, when there is one or more pet on the application, or a combination thereof.
MISCELLANEOUS APPLICATION INFORMATION:
- • Each applicant over the age of 18 is required to pay an application fee. This fee is NOT refundable under any circumstances, even if the Applicant is denied tenancy.
- • If we are unable to verify background and/or credit using the provided social or ITIN, we reserve the right to deny the application or require additional deposits.
- • A text or email notification may be sent acknowledging the beginning of the processing of the application. Processing will not begin until the Application is deemed complete.
- • All Applicants are judged on the same Rental Criteria. It is the Applicant’s responsibility to review the Rental Criteria and to provide Keyrenter with the necessary evidential documentation and/or contact information to verify the information provided in the Application. Keyrenter reserves the right to decline an application for incomplete or untruthful information or documentation. Keyrenter also reserves the right to decline an application for the Applicant’s delay in providing Keyrenter with information and/or documentation needed to verify the Application.
- • We process on a first come first serve basis, and also reserve the right to process the most qualified (according to our criteria) application first. We may also prioritize applications based on who has viewed the inside of the property, in the event of a “sight unseen” application.
- • We can only hold a property for 2 weeks from the available date. If you need to wait longer, you will have the option but rent will begin being charged.
- • You will be required to have a Renter’s Liability Insurance policy in place.
- • The questionnaire that follows takes approximately 20 minutes to complete. Keyrenter recommends that the Applicant double-checks the information they provide to ensure there is no delay with processing the application for residency. Closing the application or browser will lose this application and you will have to start over. Data is not accessible for your security.
- • For questions or concerns regarding an application, please contact Keyrenter at 540-987-6000 and ask to speak to a Leasing Associate.
PROVEN AND TRUSTED